The Underground
Hello! Won't you share your tales with us?
The Underground
Hello! Won't you share your tales with us?
The Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underground

Where RPers can gather and share their tales.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Night Surgeon
Pickles

Gemini Pig
Birthday : 1995-06-13

Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) Empty
PostSubject: Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 3:37 am

Welcome to Pickles' Brutal Contests!
Aka: The Night Surgeon

Ladies and gentleman!
Boys and ghouls!
Step right up!
Behind this curtain lies a ghastly concoction of delight! Horror! Fantasy and terror!
Your every wish is our command!
Your every whimsical desire brought to life.
But I'm warning you...There's always a price!
Welcome to the greatest show UNEARTHED!

Ah, it's that time of year again when the Surgeon finally crawls out from their sleep-- and rips open the gate to hell-!...  I mean... when they finally decided to awaken from their summer hibernation away from the heat, and cut loose with some fun, mind-boggling, daring contests that are not for the weak of heart!

Yet... whichever warrior deemed fit enough to win first place and receive an award... will be deemed higher among the rest, and promised special rights for a year- the rights that the dreadful surgeon isn't allowed to touch their internal organs!

..... and receive a very special prize from the surgeon themself.

So who will be brave enough to come forth and reveal their skills? To fight for the throne, free pass, and other gifts to be rained down on the one who is victorious? Which warrior will risk everything they have just to prove that they are the best?!

Table of Contents
Post NumberTitle of ContentsLink
01 Metal IntroductionHere
02 Insane RulesHere
03 Cruel FormHere
04 Terrible ExamplesHere
05 Ruthless Previous ContestsHere
06 Merciless Previous EntriesHere
07 Worthless Previous PrizesHere
08 Brutal ContestsHere
09 Metal EntriesHere
10 Wicked PrizesHere

Actually, it's very simple- there will be a barrage of contests featuring many different skills. Pleasing to those of the artist genre, to the writers, from the writers, to the creators, and so on and so forth. Anyone is absolutely welcome to participate in these dreadful games, actually encouraged!

The good doctor is looking for all sorts of different talents, this is just a little something to spice things up a bit around here, catch everyone's attention, have a challenge to participate in in your free time.

And whether the Surgeon knows you or not- it will not effect your chances of winning, oh no... in fact- it may make it even harder considering they've already had a taste of your organs!

Those who participate will receive minor gifts as thanks for being such a brave soul to go up against your former comrades in a race to win the gold, and that much can be promised, and the doctor never breaks any promises.

So step right up- show us what you've got! Even if you think it may or may not be good enough, there is still a chance you could win- the artist is always harder on themselves than the actual judges! (learned from experience) So you may never know!

So please... come, come and sell your soul-.... er... Ah... play these wicked games with me, let's see if you can be good enough to become the doctor's apprentice...

Last edited by Pickles on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:23 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Night Surgeon
Pickles

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Insane Rules/Terrifying Examples   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 3:55 am

Insane Rules!
Aka: The Stupid Rules that No One Cares About

1. Naturally- all Underground Rules apply before mine, completely. Obey them, and we're cool.
  2. There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, place prizes for sure, special prizes.
  3. One entry at a time (unless otherwise stated, so be on the look out!). I know this is common sense, but I've gotta make myself clear here. You can enter any contest once with one entry, if you decide before the contest ends that you want to switch it out, edit your post and lemme know that you swapped it, and I'll happily do that for you- even if it's last minute!
  4. By entering I'm allowed to use your art (if any) regardless of contest results. Of course stating that you are the one who made it- I wouldn't take credit for work that isn't mind. Believe you me, had that happen on more than one occasion, not a happy bastard.
  5. You can- no.. PLEASE sign your work, somewhere in the bottom corner but at least to where it can be seen if it really does bother you that someone else may use it. I want to make sure everyone feels comfortable here.
  6. Always check back at the "Contest of the ---" section. Why? Because when one contest is won- there is a possibility the post will be edited and there will be a brand new contest!
  7. Lastly, and most of all- every thing you write/draw/sprite must be your OWN. No copywrited anything, but... then again- I trust you all enough to have the common respect NOT to do this so... I can only hope my faith was not misplaced.

Cruel Form!
Aka: The thing you have to fill out.

Code:

[b]Username:[/b] Obvious.
[b]Reason:[/b] Not mandatory, but I am curious to why you joined!
[b]Contest:[/b] Which contest you'll be entering.
[b]Format:[/b] As in Answer, sprite, traditional drawing, digital drawing, poem, short story, etc. etc.
[b]Entry Number One:[/b] Only if it is your first out of two or three. Don't have to label your entries if it's only one. You don't have to post your entries all together either, you can post them separately as you finish them.

* If your entry isn't finished just put WIP after example: Entry Number One: WIP. It would be nice to know who is joining what even if their entry is not complete!

Terrifying Examples!
Aka: Labeled 'terrible' for a reason.

Drawings:

Computer Backgrounds:

Forum Based Things:

Pokemon Related/Spriting:

Writing:

Last edited by Pickles on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:05 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Night Surgeon
Pickles

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Ruthless Previous Contests, Merciless Previous Entries, and Worthless Previous Prizes   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 5:07 am

Ruthless Previous Contests!
Aka: The things that have already been won.

Special Contest of the Week- (3/9) 09/09/14:

Merciless Previous Entries!
Aka: The warriors who actually tried.

Special Contest Entrants 09/09/2014:

Worthless Previous Prizes
Aka: The prizes that 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place received for their noble effort, and the prizes for those who tried..

N/A
- So let's get out there and make some!-

Last edited by Pickles on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Night Surgeon
Pickles

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Contests   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 7:09 am

Bloody Contests of the Day/Week/Month/Year!
Aka: The thing you are fighting for.

-Remember, you can enter all of the contests if you want! No one is limited to one.

Special Contest of the Week:

Spriter's Contest of the Month:

Artist's Contest of the Month:

Writer's Contest of the Month:

Metal Entries
Aka: YOU.

Wicked Prizes
Aka: The thing you are aiming for.

For the Special Contest Winner:

For the Spriter's Contest Winners:

For the Artist's Contest Winners:

For the Writer's Contest Winners:

Participation Prizes:

Last edited by Pickles on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
King Quetzal

King Quetzal

Female Aquarius Rooster
Birthday : 1993-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 9:18 pm

Username:Her Royal Majesty, King Quetzal
Reason: Why not?
Contest: "Special Contest of the Week"/ SNK Quiz Result
Entry: I think I'm going to go with Eren.
Back to top Go down
Ritsu
Twilit Kitsune
Ritsu

Female Pisces Rooster
Birthday : 1993-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 9:49 pm

Username:Ritsu
Reason: Eh, just coz, I s'pose~
Entry: I'm going to go with...Erwin.
Back to top Go down
https://subterra.forumotion.com
Pickles
Night Surgeon
Pickles

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 3:08 am

First congratulations in being the first two to post on the contest page! YOU WIN A RANDOMLY SELECTED PRIZE!

Seriously. Because I'm allowed to give prizes out when we hit a certain post number. HAHA! Maybe THAT will encourage users to become apart of the contest!

*clears throat* Anyway... you'll receive your prizes soon. Wear them proudly!

Second: I'm sincerely happy you guys came and took part of a contest. I can't tell you how appreciate I am since now I know it has sparked some curiosity somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Mew-Chan
Resident Loli Neko ~❤️❤️❤️ かわいい変態チャン
Mew-Chan

Female Pisces Buffalo
Birthday : 1997-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 7:29 pm

Username: Mewmewmewmewmewmewmewmewmewmew-CHAAAAAAAAN :3
Reason: But cause- Ooo!! Prizes!! XD
Entry: Er.......Jean?
Back to top Go down
http://fiveclans.forumotion.com
Pickles
Night Surgeon
Pickles

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 9:53 am

Welcome, Mew~! Consider your entry posted.

The contest is slowly wrapping to an end! ... I could only wish we had more active users involved in it. *shakes head* What a shame. Oh well, that- will be for my next idea, heh.
Back to top Go down
Ritsu
Twilit Kitsune
Ritsu

Female Pisces Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 8:15 pm

*raises paw* Might I ask what you consider forms of literature? I know you said that we could have up to three entries as long as they were different forms, so I just wanted to make sure.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Night Surgeon
Pickles

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 9:07 pm

I realized I could either go full English Class here, or just be short brief, and exactly to the point- and I think for my sanity and yours, I'm going to stick to that.

Anything that is written (or typed in this case) that has some serious thought and creativity put into it. Whether it's a Novel, Novella, or Short Story, Poetry, Epic or whatever the case may be... it's allowed. Hell, even if you drew a little comic that in it's own way, could be considered part of literature. *shrug*

The only thing I'm not asking for is:

Me: ... I feel like writing a Lament.
Marcel: Pfft, that kind of attitude wouldn't cut it where I'm from. *snort*
Zack: *nails Marcel in the side with his elbow* Hey dude, be nice! Can't you see the Doctor is going through a hard time right now?
Silver: HA! *growls* You should see the things they put me through for almost ten years now.
Pickles: Hey dood, everyone has their own story, it's what makes us who we are. An' special- aren't yew at least happy fer that? I mean, yanno- yew could jhast be a figment if not fer them thinkin' 'abhout ya every now an' again.
Daze: Yeah, look at us who disappeared within time thanks to 'fandoms'!
Blitz: Or bad relationships gone wrong...
Xion: Or simply old age.
Toki: I believes the points here is thats if nots for thems, then who woulds we bes? Justs... regulars jackoffs?

Yeah, pretty much that. Otherwise, any form of your writing skills period, is okay. If you still have questions about it, feel free to give me a small example of the idea you have, and I'll let you know. But otherwise, it's pretty laid back as long as it's got something in it and not put together. Like.. no ending (unless you plan on having an open ending) no middle, or no end-

Am I making any sense?
Back to top Go down
Ritsu
Twilit Kitsune
Ritsu

Female Pisces Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 9:12 pm

Ah, okay then. That makes sense, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Night Surgeon
Pickles

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 9:13 pm

No problem!

And sorry if I sound a bit distant. I'm having one of those days were living in my memories seem so much better than the present...
Back to top Go down
Ritsu
Twilit Kitsune
Ritsu

Female Pisces Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 1:33 am

(Coulda sworn I responded to this...)
S'ok. I totally understand that feeling.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Night Surgeon
Pickles

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 9:53 pm

Sorry I'm so late! Things have been hectic around here. Working full-time is pretty tough, especially when you work well over 40 hours because you get called in when you least expect it.

Anyway!!! Announcing the Winners of the first Contest:(even though I wish we had more entries!)

Quetz and Ritsu! They tied with the anonymous results of Eren and Erwin. (oh the irony, double 'e', heh.) I took the test and somehow managed to end up with both.

Mew, you were close, and I can totally see where you would come from with that- however, Levi would have been an even closer answer considering I am completely and totally a perfectionist. Just ask my boss and professors, haha.

Congrats guys! I'll post another week contest up soon and hopefully get myself on just enough to announce the winners and disappear again if I have to.

Quetz? You get to choose my avvie and have me create you a custom made one.

And Rits? Custom made avvie- go!

Mew? I'll get you your prize for participation as promised- and I think you'll enjoy it. *grin*
Back to top Go down
Ritsu
Twilit Kitsune
Ritsu

Female Pisces Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 5:55 am

The new Super Smash Bros. demo is...addictive. ^^;

I still need to get to work on the Halloween stuff...
Back to top Go down
Mew-Chan
Resident Loli Neko ~❤️❤️❤️ かわいい変態チャン
Mew-Chan

Female Pisces Buffalo
Birthday : 1997-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 7:43 pm

Okie dokie Pickles!! Have fun, whatever it is you're doing Razz

Ooooo Halloween stuff!!!!!!(^∇^)
Back to top Go down
http://fiveclans.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)   Pickles' Brutal Contests!  (With Actual Prizes Too!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pickles' Brutal Contests! (With Actual Prizes Too!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Underground :: Free Chat :: Games-
Jump to: